What to Bring. The Summer Experience 2017
Here is what to pack.
The Experience | June 18-24 | Butler Springs
HERE Is an updated list of Things to Know/Bring to The One21 Summer Experience at Butler Springs.
Registration will open at 4p at the SNACK SHACK (on the right as you enter camp). You will not be able to register before that time, nor can you get your spot in the dorm before you register. Make sure you have either paid in full before you come to camp or bring payment with you.
A part of your week is spent in grade based “tribes”. You will also get plenty of student ministry time, squad time, and alone time. But be prepared to hang out with your tribe for the week. Here are your Tribes:
- Bring an extra t-shirt and shorts/pants that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Girls bring a nice outfit.
- Directed Free Time. This is a time each day where you do something you enjoy as you find ways to connect with God through culture. The “directed” part lasts 30 minutes. We will invest in you, give you some input, and then you can choose to keep going with it during free time if you want. The options will include,Music, The Girls room Spoken Word, Sports, and Adventuring and Dig Deep with Stew. Why tell you this now? Because we want you to feel free to bring tools to enhance your experience. You are welcome to bring your longboards, camera equipment, hiking gear (including sleeping bags), journals, drawing tools, music instruments, and sports gear. If you have questions about an item just email us at email@example.com.
- Our mission for the week will be Back2Back Cincinnati. Your contributions will be an investment Back2Back Cincinnati, helping resource emerging generations, there leaders and there families in urban Cincinnati. Please bring some $$ to invest in this ministry that promises to invest back into your generation. In the past we have taken a love offering as well as hosted an auction (that is super fun) at the end of the week.
- What to bring; Bible, summer clothes (shorts, t shirts, jeans, etc.) tennis shoes, bedding, bathroom essentials, swimsuit (keep them classy and ladies & gentlemen, the camp requires ladies to wear a 1 piece suit), bug spray, flashlight, and water bottle. Optional: cleats, camera, $$ for extra snacks or one21 apparel. Yoga pants and tank tops can be worn but need to be appropriate- We can ask you to change if we really think you need to.
- What NOT to bring:Tobacco, drugs, alcohol, ipods/mp3 players, or any weapons. You will not be allowed to use a cell phone once you arrive at camp-but you can use your phone as a camera for the week.
So what should you expect from camp? We hope it is a week of laughter, memories, and defining moments for your relationship with God and one another. We have room for your friends. . . .it’s even better when they are with you! Don’t be afraid to invite them. You won’t regret it.
If you have questions, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org